Upcoming UFC fights

97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Upcoming UFC fights

Post by 97talon »

I know there are some ufc fans on here so I figured I would post up some fights that are coming up (some have been officiall announced yet).

BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian (UFC 101) - I hope Florian knocks the shit out of penn.

Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva (UFC 101) - I want griffin to win but I'm not feeling so good about his chances.

Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin (UFC 103) - Official according to ufc.com. I think both are good but I would prefer to see Henderson win.

Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua (UFC 104) - I think Machida is going to stay champion for a while.

Shane Carwin vs Cain Velasquez (UFC 104) - I want Carwin to win because I think he is the only one right now with the size to beat lesnar.

Michael Bisping vs Wanderlei Silva (UFC 105) - this one might be announced next week. If this is going to happen I hope silva wins. And from what I've heard 105 is taking place in England and will be free on spike woot.

I'll update this as more main event fights come out.
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

Penn is gonna beat the shit out of florian if he has his head in the game. But I would also like florian to win so I could see the rematch b/w him and diego. I think florian will have the upper hand there.

Silva will win no doubt, but after reading forrests book he has my vote 100% now.

Dan and franklin is a rematch I think that will be good. But the question is at what weight. Since franklin has moved up to 205 and hendo to 185. That will be the big question.

Lyota can easily beat a rua. Rua isn't the same as he was in pride.

Carwin ftw!!! I agree with you 100% there talon. He is the only one built the same as brock. But if he wins he still stands to be the same kind of problem for all the other fighters.

And I heard about the bisbing silva fight early this week and got excited. I really want silva to win. He s a great stand up guy and doesn't talk a lot of shit unless prevocked.

Also side note. Josh barnett and fedor fight ain't gonna happen since josh tested positive for steroids. So they are making a made run to look for a replacement. Looks like it could be anybody. Can't wait to see how that turns out. They are fighting on the 1st of august. For affliction. I actuallt wanna see that card. But I will download it the next day.
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

Burdman wrote:Dan and franklin is a rematch I think that will be good. But the question is at what weight. Since franklin has moved up to 205 and hendo to 185. That will be the big question.
Hendo has said he will fight at 205 to have more fights.
jreid42

Post by jreid42 »

I like watching a bunch of sweaty, bloody guys plant their faces in each others genitals as they make grunting noises.
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

You do realize you are on the BFF forums. If it sounds gay then we are probably into it!!1
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

HA!!!! LOL!!!

Affliction cancelled the show since Barrnett couldn't fight. I don't want Affliction to do bad, it's just that they try to make it seem like a business can do well when they pay there fighter's a ridiculous amount of money. I am not saying that the UFC is bad for not giving all the fighters a shit load of money. But at least they are trying to put 2 to 3 show on a month and supply theirs fighters with as many fights a year they can handle and the still get flack from these others companies saying that they can do it better. Well I hate to tell ya that the UFC has been doing since 93' and been doing even when they weren't making money. I think the big thing people wanna see is all the money the fighters are making. Affliction post everything the fighters make and UFC post the base pay and then give a private locker room bonus based on performance.

Well I have said my peace.
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/24/report-a ... onsor-ufc/

Well I guess I got what I wished for!!!
THEEND

Post by THEEND »

I think me burd and talon are the biggest ufc fans here in bff lol.

BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian (UFC 101) - As long as BJ Penn doesnt fight like he did against GSP ever again he'll be good. This is gona be a close fight im going with BJ Penn though since my brother trained with him in hawaii :P. yes my bro lives in hawaii

Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva (UFC 101) - Anderson the spider Silva is a fucking beast man. honestly I dont know who to pick in this one cause Griffin is known for pulling shit out lol

Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin (UFC 103) - Henderson vs Franklin, o boy this is gona be a great fight. I think Henderson will win in a decision.

Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua (UFC 104) - Machida. Srry but after the ass whiping Machinda put on evans im %100 sure Machida will win.

Shane Carwin vs Cain Velasquez (UFC 104) - Carwin just so he can lose to lesnir then i can rub it in talons face.

Michael Bisping vs Wanderlei Silva (UFC 105) - I hope silva shoves his foot down Bispings trashy mouth so he can shut the hell up forever.lol
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

UFC 107 - Kongo vs Mir - I want mir to win so there can be a mir vs lesnar III. Even if he does get his face pounded in again they are 1 - 1.

UFC 107 - Rampage vs Rashad - I want Rampage to kick the shit out of evans because he's a douche.

There are also speculation on the Franklin vs Henderson fight since it got pulled of the ufc website. Franklin hinted on his twitter site that tito might be a possibility now that him and dana are starting to get along again.
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

I like kongo better than mir. He just has a good game plan but needs more fights.

Of course I wanna see rampage kick the shit out of evans. But rampage has aparently started a fight with king mo. He is a dream fighter from japan. He is a big black heavy weight. Apparently king mo got mad that rampage didn't know who he was.

And I don't think it will be tito. But who's know now that affliction has canceled last min and all their fighters are ready to go. Tito will prob be a while. Maybe they can work it out so they don't have to see each other.
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

Kongo looked horrible againts cain velasquez in his last fight. That was just sad. He better bring a lot more than whatever he brought to that fight if he ever wants to win again lol.
THEEND

Post by THEEND »

^ I agree except. Mir just has to keep his mouth shut lol. Pretty sure he doesnt wana piss kongo off super bad like he did lesner. But I would like to see Mir vs Lesner III. Only because the score is now 1:1. Personally I dont like lesner as a champ because of his attitude, its not WWE/F/ wtf anymore. If he had the Randy Coutour Attitude, then he would be ok.

Lol Did you see Tito Ortiz might be coming back. I think that is a bad choice lol People are saying its because of Chuck retiring. Still Ortiz was good when he started but towards the end of his earlier career he would always get his ass whipped by every up and coming person you see now.

Damn I wish we could just get together and watch the next UFC fight with 4 packs of beer LOL
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

End I don't drink beer...so it would have to be a Jameson and a splash of coke for me.

Lesnar is still good for the sport. Just like with Tito, you always need a heel. Someone you tune in to watch get beat. I don't mind the trash talk just the bird that was flow before that. If they were all like Randy then the sport would be boring. Like when shanchez and joe stevens fought. They should have just made out with each other...would have looked the same to me.

Also End I only live 2.5 hours away from you. Talon however live prob about 24 hrs. We would have to all meet up in tennesse. But man I would beat the shit out of Talon!!! 8O
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

From the LA TIMES:
A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world’s best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today. The source, who asked not to be identified because he’s not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor ‘very civil’ just days after Fedor’s scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.
Also:
White has already gone on record to state that if acquired, Fedor’s first fight would be for the UFC heavyweight championship, presumably against division kingpin Brock Lesnar.
Could be some interesting news coming out Friday. Fedor is supposed to have a press conference wednesday to talk about the whole affliction thing.
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

And here is a pic of me dragging gina carano into my house for kinky times: