Issues with members or admins.

brian40002

Re: Issues with members or admins.

Post by brian40002 »

DeanP wrote:yea if something was said about me sry. I accidently had my admin freak out and when i went through options it soemhow got onto ban for 1 mina nd did it to a few people. I know, I know i am a fail..... :(
no this is about on going disputes, not accidents
››€cŁĩpš€‹‹
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

Personally i think we need to redo how we give out our admin in general, i mean, donate once have admin for life? seems a little too much no? Having members come back from 2 years ago and still have full rcon access is a little x.x . At least some kind of monthly donation, 5 bucks get it for a month, something along those lines (excluding core admins like eclipse crazy diedie yada yada you all know the list), Would cut those abusers down and be a great way to actually get some funds flowing into the servers as well. Just my two cents
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

Selling admin (from what I've seen on other servers) ends badly a lot of the time. I mean we have people that aren't even in bff that have access to admin stuff because they are friends with certain people... We don't need that many admins.
brian40002

Post by brian40002 »

97talon wrote:Selling admin (from what I've seen on other servers) ends badly a lot of the time. I mean we have people that aren't even in bff that have access to admin stuff because they are friends with certain people... We don't need that many admins.
erm who is that? last i checked we maybe have members that used to be in bff that still have mani set up but i havent seen them in over a year anyway
››€cŁĩpš€‹‹
Heather

Post by Heather »

My Personal Opinion Is That Somone Should Look Over The Admin List And Look Who's The Good Admins And Who's The Bad Admins.. ((That Includes The Core Admins..))

And Really Mainly It's Not Even About The Admin.. Its About The Members Not Getting Along And Starting All This Drama That Affects Having Fun In The Server, And Starts Tension Between People That Are Apart Of Or Play In The Server.
EasyTarget
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by EasyTarget »

I definitely agree with Anderson here. I've been meaning to prune the list for a while, but I've been too busy and/or lazy to do it. I guess I should just go ahead and take care of it sometime this week.

I don't think that just some random monetary donation should guarantee admin forever and ever. It's not even always about money. There are certain people that contribute their time or ideas that I think make our servers better. The people I can count on to do things like add maps or update/restart the server when I don't have the time to deserve it too.

Some people feel like they deserve it just because they've been here for a while or because they just think they're special for some reason. These are some of the people I'm going to be looking at removing along with inactive members.
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

EasyTarget wrote: I don't think that just some random monetary donation should guarantee admin forever and ever. It's not even always about money. There are certain people that contribute their time or ideas that I think make our servers better. The people I can count on to do things like add maps or update/restart the server when I don't have the time to deserve it too.
This
jerkoff

Post by jerkoff »

As far as admin is concerned, I do believe that there are too many people with access to mani/cadmin.. Everyone [including myself] has at one time or another abused the privlidge of having it. However, I think that the list should be revised over who should have mani/cadmin. Alot of our new memebers do have access to cadmin which, may have caused some ruffled feathers [I really dont see the need of them having access to it so soon since "Core Admins" are usually on at all times]..I know we are all about having fun, and yes sometimes it does get carried away..but in the end this is a game after all. Hopefully we can all some how manage to get along. :] And I do agree with Talon, I've seen a few servers who sale their Admin, and that never turns out well..However, it would be a good way to keep funds coming in for the server..[Cadmin? with perhaps limited usage]
Heather

Post by Heather »

Yes, Hopefully We Can Somewhat Manage To Resolve Our Diffrences And Just Get Along.
brian40002

Post by brian40002 »

jerkoff wrote:As far as admin is concerned, I do believe that there are too many people with access to mani/cadmin.. Everyone [including myself] has at one time or another abused the privlidge of having it. However, I think that the list should be revised over who should have mani/cadmin. Alot of our new memebers do have access to cadmin which, may have caused some ruffled feathers [I really dont see the need of them having access to it so soon since "Core Admins" are usually on at all times]..I know we are all about having fun, and yes sometimes it does get carried away..but in the end this is a game after all. Hopefully we can all some how manage to get along. :] And I do agree with Talon, I've seen a few servers who sale their Admin, and that never turns out well..However, it would be a good way to keep funds coming in for the server..[Cadmin? with perhaps limited usage]
overall the only admins on cadmin were pulled from mani with the exception of maybe 3 people, however every member on there has access to kick and mute (should only be active when admins arent on but i had some issues so now its always active) but yes i will be releasing a new version with flags to limit usage per person, any whenever easy cleans out the admin list ill update cadmin accordingly, and as ive said if it gets too bad i can just port dead chat, clan chat, and noblock to a temp script until i have time to update it.

on the subject of paying for admin i agree with anderson that you should have to donate more than once in order to keep it but of course if you over abuse itll get taken away. most servers that sell admin usually sell it to every random person who pays and thats the main reason they fail, they get a bunch of 13 year olds buying it and abusing it which makes people not want to play there and so on, but if its kept in check and only members can get it, then a paid system *should* be alright

and finally on the subject of members not getting along, personally i think most of it comes from abusing admin. i know people want to have fun and screw around but if doing so is interrupting another persons game then they need to know that they need to stop which i dont know if they just dont realize it or what. on a map like bob 2 if an admin wants to screw around spawning props or noclip or w/e no one will care, but giving yourself god mode or spawning props in a fighting map for the sole purpose of winning or getting kills then people get frustrated

and if anyone has any ideas on how to make cadmin less abusive (short of limiting certain players options) ive been open to suggestions since day 1. my goal with it was to be able to use it to have fun and screw around but at the same time keep it fair for players

(sidenote: maybe we should move this to the members section?, and jess change your damn text color.. was hard to read lol)
››€cŁĩpš€‹‹
mickeyd697

Post by mickeyd697 »

I agree with a lot of things that were said. some of the people who had admin/cadmin should not have had it. Cadmin was a big issue with people abusing it, me included, but i do not think that some of the newer members should have had it nor the immature ones who would slay another member cause they are upset then leave the game. I wouldnt classify myself as a core admin cause sometimes i am on a lot and sometims i am not, but the main problem is people having admin who shouldnt have it. If you guys think i shouldnt have it either i wouldnt complain. But help funding the servers to and selling admin/cadmin to members wouldnt be a bad idea. but i would suggest having them be in the community for a time before allowing them to purchase it.
EasyTarget
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by EasyTarget »

What is all of this core admin business?

I don't remember anyone ever compiling a list of core admins. I've never made any announcements of core admins.

Let's take a little trip down memory lane for those of you who weren't here or don't remember. First, Redemption ran the servers with Noobzilla funding it. Red couldn't keep up with it because of other things going on in his life and because of all of the drama and whining going on between members. Noob took over when Redemption left. Noob had his stuff to deal with and couldn't play anymore so he asked me to take care of things. When we started getting bigger, I asked Nookie monsteR to help me out because it was definitely more than I could handle. We had a couple of servers running and I my job didn't permit me as much time as I'd like to handle the servers. At this point, I started providing limited access to some features to specific people. Things like being able to restart the servers or update them. I had even less time to dedicate to the servers because of work and other things, so people that I trusted were given a few extra abilities to pick up the slack I left behind. Nookie has gone back to school and doesn't have time for us anymore. (That jerk. How dare he try to better his life?!?!) So those who I thought could handle it were given a few more abilities.

Nowhere in this do I see a core. I have distributed power to those who have shown they're capable of handling it. There may be a few people with more capabilities than others, but I don't feel like there is some sort of ranking or rating system among the admins. Even if I was being a total dick to people on the server or abusing my admin I'd want someone to call me out on it and take away my abilities if needed. No one is immune to having their admin taken away if they are abusing it.

Also, I decided to make this thread a global announcement because it isn't just the members that are having issues. There are regulars that I am hearing from too. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the servers aren't some exclusive club for ßffs only. There's a reason we don't have reserved slots or a password.
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

When I said "core admins" i was referring to the list that seems to turn up in more then one place. I believe it goes something like easy, nookie, clipse, Jess, theend? Hell that list is still in our (extremely outdated?) Motd on the MG. I didnt mean to imply that anybody was immune in anyway just that as you said before there are people you can trust with certain powers or certain tasks and as far as i know those have been the people (although in no way the ONLY people) for a very long time now. Didnt mean to cause any confusion with the term "core".
EasyTarget
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by EasyTarget »

That wasn't necessarily directed at you, Anderson. I'm just curious what people are thinking, because I've seen a few people use the term lately to describe a specific group of admins. I'm trying to understand who everyone thinks is in this special group.

Some have even wondered if the "cores" would be immune to some sort of punishment.

The thing is, I wasn't really involved in any of these issues AFAIK. But people are asking me to do something. I can't do anything about it until I fully understand the situation and I have explained this to people. Yet, many people with complaints are still being vague. I've asked some people who they are referring to when they mention the core admins and only gotten one name, who isn't even someone that I'd consider putting into a core group if there was one.

So if you are having trouble about someone specific but you don't want to call them out publicly in this thread, then send me a pm or a message on Steam. That's why I made this announcement. So that I could help make people aware of a way to privately disclose the issues they were having if they don't want to discuss them openly. Everyone just comes here and tells us that admins are abusing mani and members are abusing cadmin. We get that already. That was why I made this post. I need to know who is doing what specifically before I can do anything about it.
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

I can has a core?