Good Books!

Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Good Books!

Post by Burdman »

I am gonna steer your attention away from internet drama for a few minutes to some more important things that you children should be focusing on in your life. Yes that is right I am talking about books. I have been on a book binge since early last year and have read quite a few fantasy novels since then. I am gonna post some of these books and would like to hear feed back on your opinion on these books and a list of some books you might suggest. This is called normal converstation. Adults have them. These type of converstations actual get you some where in life. Any way here is my list:

1. The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss (my most favorite trilogy to date but I am saying this and I haven't even read the last book of the trilogy since it hasn't been published. But still a really great story) The second book is " a wise man fears" and it is even better than the first.

2. A song of ice and fire by Geroge R. R. Martin (a game of thrones is the first book and HBO has a series starting in April from this book. The story is not yet finished but still is a great book that has you never knowing what's gonna happen next.)

3. The first law trilogy by Joe Abercombie ( bloody and painful books. First book is called the blade itself. Great story.)

4. Best served cold and The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie ( these are follow up books to the first law trilogy. Some time and setting just different people and location in the world. )

5.The Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson ( This is my second favorite book serires and the author is awesome. He has a way of making you think about religion and sience. He is also the author who is finishing the wheel of time series, which I have not read yet, but he writes books like a mad man. Comes out with a new book every year.)

6. The way of shadows by Brent Weeks ( took me 150 pages to get into the story but after that I loved it. The book has assasians and magic so that makes for a great story.)

7. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (new trilogy from Sanderson and I am currently reading it. great book so far.

I have of course read Lord of the rings and the Hobbit and other older books. I think Tolekin is a great author and inspired others to create good books. But these current authors have so much more drama. Let me know what you think.
EasyTarget
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Re: Good Books!

Post by EasyTarget »

Why don't I see Year of the Black Rainbow up there?
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

EasyTarget wrote:Why don't I see Year of the Black Rainbow up there?
Omg easy I can't believe i forgot!

7. Year of the black rainbow by Claudio Sanchez (truly great story with awesome plot twist. This is Claudio's first book. He knocked out out the park. I hope they write the sequel second stage turbine blade. I love the comics but a book has more details. )
Luckycharms

Post by Luckycharms »

if you like war novels, Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose is a good book
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

All the issues of playboy count right?
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Burdman wrote:I have of course read Lord of the rings and the Hobbit and other older books. I think Tolekin is a great author and inspired others to create good books. But these current authors have so much more drama. Let me know what you think.
Love the lord of the rings, and the hobbit :)
HUTCH
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

97talon wrote:All the issues of playboy count right?
totally but you gotta include the articles!
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

Wait.... They have articles??
JayJayz

Post by JayJayz »

Harrry Potter. You idiots forgot that one lol.

GONE, HUNGER, LIES a series by Michael Grant, I think these books are really good.
The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson is also amazing.
There are a few other but I doubt they would interest any of you.
Has anyone read the Star Wars books?

I too need a new series to read because I've ran out of them.
Meow. <3
Beyondthegrave

Post by Beyondthegrave »

Might I suggest H.P. lovecraft.
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

George R.R. Martin is a genius,the "A song of ice and fire" series is brilliant, Although seeing a bit of a downfall in the most recent one, the first 3 are worth risking the chance that the series may be seeing its end. As burd said, check out the release on hbo real soon!, while i highly recommend just picking up the books and drowning yourself in awesomness...ness
CrazyJAC
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by CrazyJAC »

The best book of all time, OF ALL TIME! The very hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle.
I see PRIDE, I see POWER, I see one bad ass mother, that don't take no CRAP off NOBODY!
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

MrAnderson wrote:George R.R. Martin is a genius,the "A song of ice and fire" series is brilliant, Although seeing a bit of a downfall in the most recent one, the first 3 are worth risking the chance that the series may be seeing its end. As burd said, check out the release on hbo real soon!, while i highly recommend just picking up the books and drowning yourself in awesomness...ness
I have a new reason to love you anderson. You should def read the mistborn trilogy and a name of the wind ( series is called the king killer chronicles). Both are great reads and awesome characters

Did you know the fifth book a dance with dragons comes out in july. I ws hoping this show would make him finish the series. And it did. I thought the last book was okay too but can't wait to read the next
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

Also another note about the song of ice and fire. Every time you think you understand what is going to happen "BAM"!!! the story twists on ya. It isn't real heavy on magic. In fact not alot at all until you get further into the books. But still great story.
JayJayz wrote:Harrry Potter. You idiots forgot that one lol.

I read the first two and wasn't really that excited about it. A little to kiddy for me. But the story was really good.
Beyondthegrave wrote:Might I suggest H.P. lovecraft.
Be more specific. That man has written litterally hundreds of things. From poetry, to short story's.
CrazyJAC wrote:The best book of all time, OF ALL TIME! The very hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle.
Read this book to my kids the other night! aa)
JayJayz

Post by JayJayz »

Burd! You have to read the rest the 2nd one was complete shit movie/book/game everything, after that everything get really good, she fucked up creating stupid dobby and prof lockhart. The 3rd one is where the story actually gets good. Have you seen the movies? You can see the change there too.
Meow. <3