Perma Mute/Perma Ban

If you get banned...and are trying to dispute...post your reasoning here...
Cosmic Buddha

Perma Mute/Perma Ban

Post by Cosmic Buddha »

The mute was on myself, and I can completely understand why it would've been temp, etc. etc., but I don't understand why it was a perma mute. I can no longer type to nominate a map or RTV or votekick a nuisance. I was muted because I was joking around with a female admin but I suppose she didn't think it was funny/know I was joking. I can still talk on my mic, so I guess it's not as bad as it could be, but it would still be pretty cool if it was lifted.

So, I began to demo.

Then came the main point of this thread: the wrongful (and permanent) banning of a player named "A Warm Cote". I was in a ventrilo with him at the time and he wasn't sure if he had been perma muted or not. Then he... Oh hell, just watch the video. The ban is near the end.

(The music is there so you don't get bored, it wasn't played in the actual game.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jdsntBEVew

Our steam IDs are:

# 420 "Cosmic Buddha" STEAM_0:1:14231747 03:54 76 0 active

# 15 "A Warm Cote" STEAM_0:0:7871319 00:42 91 0 active
brian40002

Re: Perma Mute/Perma Ban

Post by brian40002 »

I'll look into it when our FTP server comes back, but if you're muted your mic won't work either so you're probably already unmuted. As for your friend from the vid it looks like it might have been an accident but I'll see.
››€cŁĩpš€‹‹
Cosmic Buddha

Post by Cosmic Buddha »

brian40002 wrote:I'll look into it when our FTP server comes back, but if you're muted your mic won't work either so you're probably already unmuted. As for your friend from the vid it looks like it might have been an accident but I'll see.
Alright, thanks. That's what I thought as well, the mic part, but I can't type for some reason. I can type in all other servers but not the BFF Minigame. I'll look into it on my part. Thanks again!
brian40002

Post by brian40002 »

heh, I know this is going to sound bad but the one log file from that map has magically disappeared, however I talked to the admin that did ban him (die die) and she said he was warned a few times to stop, said he was spamming, using racist terms and shit like that, so I cant unban him since I wasn't there and cant see what actually happened (plus I have played with him before and he did spam quite a bit). so ill leave it up to her and see if she'll unban him or not.. as for your mute it should be gone, if not you can just make another post here and ill look into it further
››€cŁĩpš€‹‹
Cosmic Buddha

Post by Cosmic Buddha »

Well, even though on my behalf I can't really agree with the admin's terms, I appreciate your help with my problems. It's good that somebody actually cares >_>
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

But the person who got banned doesn't care enough to come here and post about it?
CrazyJAC
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by CrazyJAC »

97talon wrote:But the person who got banned doesn't care enough to come here and post about it?
They must be scared of you Talon.
I see PRIDE, I see POWER, I see one bad ass mother, that don't take no CRAP off NOBODY!
Cosmic Buddha

Post by Cosmic Buddha »

97talon wrote:But the person who got banned doesn't care enough to come here and post about it?
I'm not completely sure why he didn't register and post, he's just a lazy ass like that, I suppose.
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

Cosmic Buddha wrote:
I'm not completely sure why he didn't register and post, he's just a lazy ass like that, I suppose.
So if he doesn't care why should anyone else?
Cosmic Buddha

Post by Cosmic Buddha »

97talon wrote:
Cosmic Buddha wrote:
So if he doesn't care why should anyone else?
It's not that he doesn't care, I didn't hint at that. I'm just saying that he's a lazy person and he's said he'd register but he never has. He does the same thing with other stuff, we're all like that at some point.

Edit: And also you should care because someone who was playing on your server and promoting your community got wrongfully banned.

That might be a good reason, too.
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

So we should care about a lazy bastard?
Cosmic Buddha

Post by Cosmic Buddha »

97talon wrote:So we should care about a lazy bastard?
I'm saying you should care about someone who played on your server that socialized and made your server friendlier and funner to be on. Sure, he can be lazy, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be unbanned. That's like saying "Oh, that guy died. He was a good guy, but man, he was lazy. I guess he deserved it."
97talon
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by 97talon »

Cosmic Buddha wrote:
97talon wrote:So we should care about a lazy bastard?
I'm saying you should care about someone who played on your server that socialized and made your server friendlier and funner to be on. Sure, he can be lazy, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be unbanned. That's like saying "Oh, that guy died. He was a good guy, but man, he was lazy. I guess he deserved it."
First, funner is not a word.

Second, he was warned. He was spamming and using racist terms... yeah that sounds like he was making it "friendlier and funner."

And lazy people do deserve to die. Go out and get a job.
EasyTarget
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by EasyTarget »

Please don't compare getting banned to getting dead. There's a bit of a difference there, in case you need someone to point that out.
Burdman
RainboWWarrioR
RainboWWarrioR

Post by Burdman »

EasyTarget wrote:Please don't compare getting banned to getting dead. There's a bit of a difference there, in case you need someone to point that out.
Yeah for one thing your penis swells when you die.